This pattern comes from Simply Knitting magazine (May 2013) and it is named Paris in the Spring there. It is also named Briar in Ravelry.
This is a very nice cropped sweater and fits like a glove although it requires a lot of seaming. I had a dozen of cute buttons on my stash so added more than the 6 or 7 requested by the pattern. I knitted it with a little more than 4 balls of mercerized cotton “Cheope” by Adriafil in shade 015 and with 3 and 3.25 mm needles.
Lately one of my favorites knitting designers is Kim Hargreaves. Her patterns are always clear and the result is perfect. There is some seaming involved but this helps the garment to keep its shape.
So here is my “Vivienne” sweater. I did some modifications. I added about 12 rows to the neck and an extra button and knitted 3/4 sleeves, although they growed a bit during blocking. Knitted with a little more than 5 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed in 185 shade with 3 and 3.25 mm needles.
I have some news FOs but I guess I was just being lazy to add them to my blog. It is not always easy to find the time to model the finished object and specially to get a nice picture of it.
Oh well, speaking about knitting I knitted Chérie by Kim Hargreaves. I am in love with this sweater, the fit is perfect and I knitted it with my favorite yarn Rowan Felted Tweed. I used 4 mm needles and only needles 5 balls. I did some modifications to get a nicer fit.
Cast on for size S, 95 stitches. Followed pattern for the decreases. Did only 1 increase an had 97 sts on the needle before starting shaping armholes.
I was aiming for a lower neck (6 cm less than the original pattern) so only knitted 80 rows and then started shaping armholes.
Raglan: Stopped decreases at 57 sts. Bind off.
Sleeves: CO 55 sts. Worked in rib for only 24 rows. First increase on 20th row (57 sts.) . Increased a total of 10 st each 12 th row (65 sts). Knitted 106 rows before shaping for armholes. Did the raglan decreases in the same way as for the front and back. Had 23 sts in the end. Bind off.
Neckband: Since I did not do all the decreases as per pattern finished with more stitches for the neck. Picked every stitch and the result was a broader neck.